SATAM Positive Displacement Flow Meters
IFC are distributors of SATAM metering products for use on bottom loading skids. SATAM are experts in hydrocarbon metering solutions. They develop and manufacture metering systems for the hydrocarbon supply chain. Satam also used to be known as Tokheim Sofitam Satam and Sofitam Satam Meters.
Specifically designed for custody transfer metering of liquid petroleum products and non-corrosive chemicals, all SATAM metering systems are made in France. They are used in oil depots, on oil road tankers, aircraft refuelers and fuel dispensers for loading, unloading, transfer, blending and additive injection operations.
The SATAM Positive Displacement Meter (PD meter) is a system with freely-moving blades used to measure petroleum products such as bio-fuels, fuels, non-corrosive chemicals, and refined liquid hydrocarbons. The PD Meter has only two pairs of blades and one moving rotor which makes it robust and trouble free to operate with low maintenance costs. The meter works by product entering the measuring chamber.
The pressure of the liquid on the blades within the measure chamber then set the rotor and blade assembly in motion. A certain known amount of liquid is held between the 2 blades and then directed to the discharge manifold.
The volume of liquid measured at each rotation (cyclic volume) is therefore equal to 4 times the measured quantity. The smooth curves of the meter provide a steady, non-fluctuating flow resulting in very low head losses and optimum performance.
Sectors of Application for SATAM Positive Displacement Meters include:
- Oil depots, terminals and refineries, for oil product reception and loading stations for tank trucks, rail tank cars and ships
- Hydrocarbon transportation for the distribution of fuel oil or petroleum products by road tanker
- Aircraft refuelling, aircraft dispensers and aircraft fuelling tankers
- Army depot supplies and loading of trucks
- Transport companies for refuelling locomotives, trucks and public transport coaches
- Marine applications for the refuelling of ships
- Mining sites for refuelling trucks or site machinery
Key Points of SATAM PD Meters:
- Reduced pressure loss: 0,3 to 0.5 bar at maximum flow rate
- Low maintenance costs: simple and robust design with interchangeable mechanical components
- Reliable measurements: accuracy and stability of measurements guaranteed over a period of many years
- Modular design: wide range of accessories for performing customised measurement applications
- Robust construction: flowmeter manifold separated from measurement chamber to eliminate any possible influence of external mechanical stresses on measurement
MID APPROVED for custody transfer applications. Approved according to International Organization of Legal Metrology – OIML R117-1 regulation – for loading and unloading applications, fuels dispensing, aircraft refueling and measurement on road tankers.
- Volume accuracy: < 0.15% – Option < 0.1% – for measement range of 10 :1
- Volume repeatability: ≤ 0.02%
- ZC17-12 200 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-24 400 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-48 800 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-80 1333 l/min – 3″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-150 2500 l/min – 4″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-250 4166 l/min – 6″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-330 5500 l/min – 8″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-1.2 20 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-2.4 40 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-4.8 80 l/min – 2″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-8 133 l/min – 3″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-15 250 l/min – 4″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-25 416 l/min – 6″ Flange Connection
- ZC17-33 550 l/min – 8″ Flange Connection
Pressure: 10 bar -150 PSI (operation)
Max. pressure (certificat CE/MID): Range from 6 bar to 10 bar
Viscosity Max.: 800 mPa.s – 800 cPo – 3850 SSU
Liquid temperature: -10 °C to +80 °C
Ambient temperature Standard: -25 °C to +55 °C – Option : -40 °C to +55 °C
Pressure drop: Max 0,5 bar
Do you want more information?