- The earth grounding verification system assures enough ground connection exists to dissipate static charges. It detects proper grounding not only before loading can begin, but also throughout the entire loading sequence to ensure static is properly dissipated. If a faulty ground is detected, the monitor triggers the system to shut down to prevent a grounding overfill protection failure.
Basic: Tank Probe Systems
Tanker level sensors are the simplest method for monitoring liquid levels and preventing overfills when filling road tankers and ISO tanks. Available as stand alone systems or combined with top loading arms, these probes can be set with both “high level” and “highhigh level” configurations.
The probe can be set up to trigger an alarm, or activate an external signal such as closing a valve. Frequently these systems are used when tankers have no ‘on vehicle’ overfill monitoring system. Having a site based system automates the safety process and ensures all tankers are monitored for overfills. The system is ideal for all tankers, and particularly for ISO Tankers which rarely have any built-in monitoring equipment that can be used to prevent overfills.
Advanced: Cone Systems
Cone systems combine overfill monitoring with vapour recovery, resulting in a full-function safety system. The cone system is normally fitted with a high level, and high-high level sensor, set at predetermined heights. The vapour cone can also be fitted with visual inspection ports that allow operators to see the current liquid level.
The third element to the system is vapour control – either via a return to tank line, which is used for hazardous vapours or via a flame arrester vent which allows atmospheric venting. Vapour cone systems can be mounted to top-loading loading arms, allowing the downpipe to pass through the centre, or they can be fitted to a boom arm without the loading capability.
Features and Benefits of Scully Rack Monitors
- Provide gantry to tanker earth bond to drain static discharges
- Simple clear RED/GREEN light display
- Automatic signal to site control systems when overfill or loss of ground is detected
- Monitors up to eight overfill sensors in vehicle compartments
- Automatic detection of vehicle sensors
Features and Benefits of Overfill Protection
- Protect staff and equipment by preventing overfilling
- Overfill prevention, even on older or non-standard vehicles
- Vapour recovery systems increase safety
- Constantly monitor for tanker earthing status
- Mitigate electrostatic discharge preventing fires